Full-stack Software Developer at Talo Labs
As a software developer at Talo Labs, you will be working in a diverse team to turn artificial intelligences, bioinformatics algorithms, and other computational science into production-ready software. You will get the opportunity to learn about the cutting-edge of artificial intelligence, bioinformatics, computational biology, drug discovery, and the broader biotechnology industry. You will also get the opportunity to work with large real-world datasets. You will be building new projects, built from the ground up, and using the technologies and practices of your choice. Your work will have a direct impact on improving the capabilities of drug discovery and development, delivering meaningful impact for people all over the world.
- Be part of a team that plans, designs, and builds full-stack systems that expose artificial intelligences and bioinformatics algorithms that you have developed in collaboration with other teams.
- Be part of a team that plans, designs, and builds databases that capture large amounts of data points, relationships between them, and allows for easy graph-based querying and searching.
- Employ best practices for automated continuous testing, integration, and deployment pipelines.
- Employ best practices for orchestrating large clusters of machines in the cloud.
- Hand working, self-motivated, with a passion for learning and growing.
- Strong understanding of API design, including best security practices, concurrency, and horizontal scalability.
- Experience implementing complex algorithms, and production-ready APIs over HTTP.
- Experience working with graph, document-oriented, and/or relational databases
- Experience working with Google Cloud and/or AWS, managing virtual machine instances, deploying databases, and deploying Docker containers.
- Programming tools: Git, and GitHub.
- Programming concepts: REST, GraphQL, gRPC and/or other protocols.
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and spoken.