As an artificial intelligence engineer at Talo Labs, you will be creating artificial intelligences by training new models, fine-tuning existing models, and exploring state-of-the-art research. You will get the opportunity to build new projects from the ground up, learn about the cutting-edge of artificial intelligence in biology, explore new artificial intelligence research, and apply your skills to new and novel situations in the real-world. By working alongside experts in bioinformatics, biology, and chemistry, your work will not only have a direct impact on the discovery of new therapeutics, and predicting efficacy in humans, but you will also get experience with the latest biotechnologies, including CRISPR, RNA, riboswitches, and more.
- Stay up-to-date with new machine learning publications through research, prototyping, and experimentation.
- Be a part of a team building an engine for the discovery, design, and analysis of RNA-based therapeutics and RNA-based synthetic biology components.
- Be a part of a team building new ways to predict the efficacy of therapeutics when translated to humans, and to predict clinical outcomes.
- Train new models, and fine-tune existing models, to find insights in large datasets in both bioinformatics and high-level decision making.
- Explore new opportunities for the application of artificial intelligence in biotechnology.
- Deliver production-ready artificial intelligence systems.
- Hand working, self-motivated, with a passion for learning and growing.
- Experience designing, implementing, and training new machine learning model, and fine-tuning pre-trained machine learning models.
- Experience working with large datasets, including data normalisation, filtering, and feature extraction.
- Experience with a variety of different machine learning architectures (convolutional neural networks, transformers, reinforcement learning, Gaussian processes).
- Experience with artificial intelligence frameworks: TensorFlow, PyTorch, Flux, and/or SkLearn. Other artificial intelligence frameworks are also acceptable.
- Programming languages: Julia, Python, R, and/or C/C++. Other programming languages are also acceptable.
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and spoken.